Dear Parents, please support our ”Every School Day Counts” campaign in an effort to have the attendance of our pupils as high as possible. Bear in mind 20 days absent from school must be reported to TUSLA.
- Establish a good routine in the mornings and evenings so your child is prepared for the school day ahead.
- Make sure your child goes to school regularly and follows the school rules.
- Ensure your child arrives at school on time – not late.
- Arrange dental and medical appointments outside school hours when possible.
- Always inform the school if your child is absent due to illness – this should be followed up with a written note when your child returns to school.
- Take truancy seriously – if your child is not attending school as you expect they may be putting themselves at risk – Who are they with? What are they doing?
- Take family holidays outside term time.
- Talk to your child about school and take an interest in their school work (including homework).
- Attend parent evenings and school events.
- Praise and reward your child’s achievements at school.
- Always support school staff in their efforts to control difﬁcult or challenging behaviour.
- Discuss any problems or difﬁculties with the school – staff are there to help and will be supportive.
More information on: https://www.tusla.ie/services/educational-welfare-services/information-for-parents-and-guardians/school-attendance-what-every-parent-needs-to-know/