Wishing you all a Happy Halloween and a great break :))
We are in the process of getting our second green flag. The theme for this year is WATER, therefore our pupils took part in an official opening of the water treatment plan in Athea. Irish Water in partnership with Limerick City and County Council, has recently completed an upgrade of the Athea Wastewater Treatment Plant. This 2 million investment will improve the performance of the plant, protect the local environment and support ongoing growth and development in the Athea area.
Pictured at the opening are 6th class students from Athea NS, from left to right, Anna A., Emma S., Jamie C. and Tomas A., along with Patrick O’Donovan TD, councillors from Limerick City and County Council, representatives from Irish Water, TES Group staff, and members of Athea Community Council.
Dear Parents, please support our ”Every School Day Counts” campaign in an effort to have the attendance of our pupils as high as possible. Bear in mind 20 days absent from school must be reported to TUSLA.
- Establish a good routine in the mornings and evenings so your child is prepared for the school day ahead.
- Make sure your child goes to school regularly and follows the school rules.
- Ensure your child arrives at school on time – not late.
- Arrange dental and medical appointments outside school hours when possible.
- Always inform the school if your child is absent due to illness – this should be followed up with a written note when your child returns to school.
- Take truancy seriously – if your child is not attending school as you expect they may be putting themselves at risk – Who are they with? What are they doing?
- Take family holidays outside term time.
- Talk to your child about school and take an interest in their school work (including homework).
- Attend parent evenings and school events.
- Praise and reward your child’s achievements at school.
- Always support school staff in their efforts to control difﬁcult or challenging behaviour.
- Discuss any problems or difﬁculties with the school – staff are there to help and will be supportive.
More information on: https://www.tusla.ie/services/educational-welfare-services/information-for-parents-and-guardians/school-attendance-what-every-parent-needs-to-know/
We will hold a school sports day in high field on 11th/12th or 13th of June (weather permitting). We will know the exact date closer to the time. All welcome.
History was made in Athea school during the month of May. For the first time in thirty years pupils from the school played in the West Limerick League. We are very proud and the hurling pupils from 4th, 5th, 6th are a credit to their parents, coaches and the parish. Here is to many more games. Thanks to all who helped Miss Nash. It is very much appreciated.
On Friday Senior Infants had a great fun learning how to use ”Story Creator” App. Our pupils learned how to use modern technology to write a good story and how to illustrate a book. iPad’s were used for typing and drawing. We learned how to write capital letters on the keyboard and that the long key is called space bar. We can use it for our finger space between words. We had a very creative day while learning – have a look !!!